Sunday 28 April 2013

Retro/Vintage Inspired Faire

Yesterday I was a vendor at the very first Vintage & Retro Inspired Faire held in Parksville! Only I would do a market just two days before our move... and in fact, I actually cancelled on Friday as I was very overwhelmed with the move. But then that night, I realised that it would probably be a good thing for me to get away from the house and have some time away from thinking about and preparing for the move.

So on Saturday morning, I packed up the van and headed to Parksville! I wish I brought my camera as hall looked amazing and there were so many great items for sale. But you'll just have to take my word for it: it was a great day with lots of treasures to be found.

I wasn't expecting to really sell very many soaps as it wasn't that kind of market but I did really well! My soaps are wrapped in vintage papers and I think the shoppers really liked that. It didn't stick out too much from the vendors selling their vintage wares. It was hopping busy but for a few quiet moments when I was able to quickly sneak away to make purchases or catch up with my vendor neighbours: Thorne Crate Co. and Old Farm Handcrafts.

My best sellers of the day were:
Coconut scented body butter. This is made with organic shea butter and organic unrefined cocoa butter (as well as some almond and avocado oils)which smells absolutely amazing! I sold out of this scent within the first hour and sold 2 ylang ylang scented ones too. They smell predominately of chocolate from the cocoa butter with a hint of scent. I'm using the ylang ylang right now which is a blend of ylang ylang, patchouli and vanilla. 

The most popular soap was You Are My Sunhine which is a bright sunshine-y and lemon-like scented soap. It really is a beautiful bar of soap!

Being that it was a vintage faire and I LOVE all things vintage, I couldn't leave without making a few purchases. Lucky for my wallet though that I was alone at my table so I couldn't do too much shopping.

From Lexuss Vintage, I bought two of these Pyrex inspired tea towels. These are CUTE!

I also bought a cute little stool from The Painted Pear, brought home candies for the kids from The Vintage Candy Shop, and my daughter is the proud new owner of an adorable necklace from The Fox & Fawn Collection (brand new side business for one of the owners of Wilde & Sparrow in Parksville). 

It was such a fun day and it was organized so well. Mirella from Biscotti De Notte has told me they'll be hosting another vintage faire in the fall in Errington which I'll for sure be a part of!

So while yesterday was so much fun, it was back to reality today as we made a few trips to the new house, cleaned out the chicken coop and packed (and packed and packed). In fact, time to stop procrastinating and get back to it! My next blog post, I'll share photos from the new house! See you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment