Wednesday 17 April 2013

25 Things About Me

I've seen these on other blogs I've been reading lately so I thought, why not? Here goes!

1) I'm am just shy of 35 years old.
2) I'm a mama to three (ages almost 17, almost 5 and 3).
3) We're a homeschooling family. Well, only one of our children is currently homeschooled. The other two will be when their time comes.
4) I worked as an Early Childhood Educator in Winnipeg, Port Alberni and finally Nanaimo for around 12 years before I had my third child.
5) I keep backyard hens. We have a very small flock of 3. Their names are Big Bird, Chicken Little and Becka.
6) I grew up in Winnipeg until I was 15 (and then again for 2 or so years as an adult).
7) I have crooked pinky fingers.
8) My favourite movie (and soundtrack) is Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?. So good!
9) I'm currently watching Call The Midwife on PBS online and it's fantastic!
10) I'm crazy about vintage pyrex, sheepskin, and vintage linens.
11) My favourite magazine is Mary Janes Farm, although I really like reading back issues of Mothering.
12) I went through a spell of bad haircuts as a child. The worst that I can recall is a having a very long rat tail.
13) My husband and I have been together for two weeks shy of 7 years.
14) We've been married for 5.5 years.
15) We got married in Bowen Park.
16) I am not a competitive person. I'm finding that other's competitiveness to be exhausting.
17) My favourite essential oil is ylang ylang. Or orange 10x.
18) I'm a big fan of unscented soaps that are anything but plain.
19) I love tea.
20) My favourite tea is either Cream of Earl Grey by David's Tea or Mysteaque by the teafarm.
21) I have a HUGE fear of spiders. Which has been heightened to full out panic mode since last night when I saw a gigantic (seriously, almost the size of my palm) on my leg. yuck!
22) I have the mouth of a sailor. I'm not proud of that and yes, I'm working on it. My son (almost 5) tells me his job is to "keep it clean around here" and he's doing a great job of reminding me to watch my words.
23) I never wear makeup. ever.
24) My favourite books are historical fiction books.
25) I'm a feminist and am doing my best to raise feminist children.

No comments:

Post a Comment